Pierpont’s commitment to education is an embodiment of our entrepreneurial spirit
Pierponters are equally passionate about knowledge sharing and continuous learning. In fact, Pierpont’s team from across all four offices regularly guest lecture and speak at university and professional conferences. And three of our senior leaders are professors at Rice University, The University of Texas in Austin and the University of Houston.
- CEO Phil Morabito has served as an adjunct professor for 28 years. Over the years, he has crafted a “living textbook,” bringing industry colleagues and his own tales from the trenches into the classroom for his Integrated Marketing Communications course at The University of Houston.
- Executive Counsel and award-winning educator Terry Hemeyer spent over 20 years shaping the experiences of emerging communications professionals at The University of Texas at Austin and Rice University.
- Pierpont’s newest addition to its academic team, Vice President of Digital Strategy Chris Ferris, is a lecturer in management at the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University, where he teaches a self-designed digital marketing course for MBA students.
Pierpont also offers an annual online externship program. The virtual learning and development sessions are guided by Pierpont experts. Participants choose breakout rooms where they will dive into specific skills and techniques including:
- Media Relations & Pitching
- Community Relations
- Crisis Communications
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
By attending and participating in this externship program, participants will receive a certificate to boost their LinkedIn profiles and demonstrate working knowledge of agency skills on their resumes. Sign up today to attend the Pierpont Externship Program.
In early 2015, the Pierpont Endowment was established at the Stan Richards School of Advertising & Public Relations at The University of Texas at Austin’s Moody College of Communication. The endowment supports a five-year faculty research series investigating communications issues that impact the business world.
The Endowment’s inaugural year focused on the definition of expertise. Associate Professor Brad Love and Assistant Professor Jeffrey Treem published a whitepaper, “Defining Expertise,” which identifies several key differentiators organizations can leverage to help quantify their expertise. Download the white paper here.
In 2017 during the next phase of research, Pierpont and the University of Texas at Austin set out to discover how teams and organizations foster innovation. Based on in-depth conversations with more than 60 innovation leaders, best practices and strategies for individuals and brands seeking to position themselves around innovation were developed.
In addition to the endowment, Pierpont also regularly provides philanthropic support to student organizations and professional associations—fostering ongoing development of both students and professionals within our industry.
Please contact us if you’d like to set up an office tour or speaking engagement for your organization.