Belmont Village | Connecting Communities Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
Belmont Village Senior Living has more than 30 facilities across the United States (and one in Mexico City). During the COVID-19 pandemic, Belmont Village implemented critical protective measures to keep their residents and employees safe and healthy.
At the same time, Belmont Village—leveraging its long-standing partnership with Pierpont Communications—increased its presence and activity on social media to help their residents stay connected to loved ones.
Among the tactics we deployed:
- Project Smile: Via social media, Belmont encouraged children of all ages to send a handmade card or drawing to brighten residents’ days. See some of the adorable Easter greetings they received.
- Stay Connected: Pierpont helped message and promote the Stay Connected initiative, which helped family members and loved ones schedule a time to connect via video chat with Belmont residents through their communities’ concierges. The initiative helped bring families together to celebrate some very special birthdays during quarantine.
- Belmont Greetings: Belmont Village and Pierpont worked together to share the Belmont Greetings campaign nationwide on social media. The campaign encouraged family members and loved ones to email letters which were then printed and delivered to residents by Belmont staff.
- Socially Distant Visits: Some Belmont residents’ friends and families found creative ways to show their love – including socially distant musical performances, birthday celebrations, and car parades that Pierpont shared on Belmont’s social media channels.
- Employee Appreciation: To spotlight the essential workers at Belmont Village, Pierpont assisted Belmont as they shared their appreciation for the hardworking staff at each community–some of whom even shared music to keep residents engaged. Care packages and signs of gratitude have been shared across communities and on social media.
The result of this close partnership between Pierpont and Belmont Village saw measurable growth in key social media metrics, including:
- 59% increase in Facebook posts (Q1 vs. Q2)
- 11% increase in Facebook fans/followers (Q1 vs. Q2)
But perhaps most importantly, these efforts resulted in a remarkable 57% increase in Facebook engagement, and 37% increase in Instagram engagement.
These measurements matter because they capture the increased interaction between the Belmont Village communities and their residents’ families and loved ones. These efforts have been further validated by an increase in positive feedback from family members on social media, thanking Belmont Village for their continued care and increased communication during this difficult time. This kind of connection, especially when it’s difficult for families to share time together in person, has been vital in keeping families and loved ones connected.