Job Opening: Vice President
Basic Function: Responsible for management of client service and account profitability. Responsible for new business development and firm publicity/marketing. Oversight/supervision of multi-team staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effect an atmosphere that promotes teamwork, participation and empowerment.
- Acts as a team leader and facilitator and fosters an open exchange of views on different issues.
- Empowers direct reports to provide input that increases the quality of decisions, not just buy-in.
- Be genuinely interested in learning from diverse viewpoints and proactively seek feedback.
- Coordinates and recommends staffing assignments of direct reports on all applicable accounts.
- Supervises the various public relations and/or public affairs activities of client programs with designated budget.
- Supervises and determines direction on a range of activities within multiple accounts, including account needs, strategic planning, and sound budgeting.
- Ensures that monthly report and invoicing package is complete and sent on timely basis.
- Responsible for account profitability.
- Supervises overall account strategies.
- Takes responsibility for regular client contact, ensuring that the client is satisfied with account activity.
- Takes responsibility for identifying and selling opportunities for further account expansion/development.
- Ensures quality standards are met in servicing the client, including presentation of all work product.
- Sets example for junior level staff in projecting personal characteristics of positive attitude, professional appearance, solid communication, and leadership skills, initiative, ability to work a part of a team environment, and recognition of everyone’s contributions to the team.
- Manages various account teams effectively, including project and account supervision of account supervisors, senior account executives, account executives, assistant account executives and interns.
- Assumes creative and strategic direction on all account assignments.
- Sets priorities for all account teams.
- Responsible for helping develop new business strategies and group goals.
- Ensures that monthly budget status reports are completed as part of budget tracking process.
- Keeps accurate records of time worked on each client each day.
- Helps in preparation of new business proposals for new and existing clients.
- Identifies incremental business opportunities on current accounts and new business opportunities with new prospects.
- Leads account teams organized to respond to RFPs.
- Possesses solid presentation skills, including ability to communicate and sell ideas to prospects.
- Responsible for development of new products/services.
- Makes promotion of the firm an important part of his/her performance, including identification of relevant outlets to publicize/promote current accounts and activities.
- Build skills for subordinates. Participates in training.
- Involved in recruitment/hiring.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates.
- Counsels staff on career development.
- Superior writing, verbal, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Specialized industry knowledge plus specialized skills in media, planning and organization, writing, etc.
- Range of non-quantifiable talents including judgment, enthusiasm, sales ability, and people skills
- Knowledge of general business practices.
Years Experience: 8+ years
If interested in applying, please visit our LinkedIn page or send a cover letter and resume to Kathy Nethercutt, [email protected].