Commitment to Education
Pierpont’s commitment to education is an embodiment of our entrepreneurial spirit. Pierponters are equally passionate about knowledge sharing and continuous learning. In fact, Pierpont’s team from across all four offices regularly guest lecture and speak at university and professional conferences. And three of our senior leaders are professors at the University of Houston, Rice University and the University of Texas at Austin.
Teaching the Next Generation
Five Pierponters are currently helping shape the futures of students as instructors at The University of Houston, Rice University and The University of Texas at Austin.
- CEO Phil Morabito has served as an adjunct professor for 28 years. Over the years, he has crafted a “living textbook,” bringing industry colleagues and his own tales from the trenches into the classroom for his Integrated Marketing Communications course at The University of Houston.
- Executive Counsel and award-winning educator Terry Hemeyer has spent over 20 years shaping the experiences of emerging communications professionals at The University of Texas at Austin and Rice University.
- In Senior Vice President Nancy Sim’s Women in Politics course at the University of Houston, Nancy gives students another perspective of “herstory,” a course which emphasizes the role women have played in governance.
- Pierpont’s newest addition to its academic team, Senior Vice President and Austin General Manager Stacy Armijo, is a proud “Hemeyer alum,” having taken the very same class Strategies in Public Relations she now teaches years later at The University of Texas.
- Account Supervisor David Gonzalez returned to his alma mater at The University of Houston to teach The Social Impact of New Information Technology, an online course that analyzes the cultural and social impact of contemporary communication.
Investing in Research
In early 2015, the Pierpont Endowment was established at the Stan Richards School of Advertising & Public Relations at The University of Texas at Austin’s Moody College of Communication. The endowment supports a five-year faculty research series investigating communications issues that impact the business world.
The Endowment’s inaugural year focused on the definition of expertise. Associate Professor Brad Love and Assistant Professor Jeffrey Treem published a whitepaper, “Defining Expertise,” which identifies several key differentiators organizations can leverage to help quantify their expertise. Download the white paper here.
In 2017 during the next phase of research, Pierpont and the University of Texas at Austin set out to discover how teams and organizations foster innovation. Based on in-depth conversations with more than 60 innovation leaders, best practices and strategies for individuals and brands seeking to position themselves around innovation were developed. See the results from our research here.
In addition to the endowment, Pierpont also regularly provides philanthropic support to student organizations and professional associations—fostering ongoing development of both students and professionals within our industry.
Please contact us if you’d like to set up an office tour or speaking engagement for your organization.