Driving Performance for an Iconic, Global Automotive Retail Leader
Group 1 Automotive (NYSE: GPI), a Fortune 500 automotive retailer, owns and operates more than 160 dealerships on three continents. As the company’s agency of record for more than 10 years, Pierpont Communications supports Group 1’s executive leadership team with strategies that advance the company’s business objectives and increase brand awareness. Over the years, these have included:
- Strategic corporate communications counsel and reputation management.
- Industry thought leadership and media relations.
- Employer branding including digital recruitment programming.
- Crisis communications planning, training and response.
- Financial communications.
- Support for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies, including corporate philanthropy, community engagement and employee giving.
- Merger & Acquisition communications.
- Internal communications, including emails, presentations and trainings.
Client Engagement Highlights
Proactive Media Relations and Thought Leadership
Pierpont’s media relations team routinely secures media interviews and placements with top-tier media outlets such as CNBC, Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, Automotive News and Fox Business News—among others. Our remit also includes supporting media relations in local retail markets.
Crisis Communications Planning and Response
With retail operations in every corner of the United States, the United Kingdom and Brazil, Group 1’s board of directors sought a partner to create a comprehensive crisis communications plan that would translate across multiple cultures, languages and borders. Group 1 partnered with Pierpont to create a crisis plan, complete with media policies, a natural disaster plan, a crisis management team and an efficient incident response process. Pierpont continues to train top executives around the world to the standards set forth in the plan and best practices for communicating during a crisis.
Pierpont is involved in multiple facets of the business, including employer branding and technician recruiting. This campaign includes redesigning the entire look and feel of Group 1’s technician recruitment event assets, branded materials, refreshing messaging and incorporating digital marketing and social sharing elements to drive engagement on the company’s 3rd party online recruiting platforms.
Contact Pierpont today to learn how we can effectively drive your business objectives.