Every Valentine’s Day, people and businesses send gifts and warm-hearted greetings to show their love for those important to them. But do your clients know just how much you appreciate them? While you may regularly bring a client stellar results, taking the time to show a client how much they’re valued can solidify your professional relationship, changing you from a valuable resource for their company to an absolute asset.
This doesn’t have to be a grand gesture – the simplest actions can go a long way! These five ideas are sure-as-Cupid’s-arrow ways to show clients you care:
1. Give referrals. The best gift you can give is new business. Know anyone who could benefit from your client’s services? Refer them or arrange an introductory meeting on their behalf.
2. Check-in regularly. Many times, we get so wrapped up in client work that we forget to check up on the relationship in general. A quick phone call to ask “what’s on your mind?” and “what else can we do for you?” ensures your clients that you really care about the business relationship.
3. Remember special dates. Keep track of clients’ birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates. Sending a card, a personal note or even a phone call on those dates makes a client feel special. Never underestimate the power of a handwritten note!
4. Nominate them. Have an outstanding client? Nominate the company or its executives for an industry award. If you win an award for work done on their behalf, be sure to offer them a seat at your table and include them in the celebration!
5. Be a resource. If you see an article, book or website that could be helpful or interesting to your client, send it their way. Whether they find it useful or not, it demonstrates to your clients that you’re always thinking of them.
Valentine’s Day only comes once a year, but showing client appreciation should be an ongoing effort. Show your clients you care year-round and they’ll return the favor. How do you show the love for your clients? Let us know by commenting below!