The days of an intern at Pierpont Communications are rewarding, challenging, and often times, a whole lot of unscheduled fun. Whether it’s being recruited to create the holiday wreath for the annual building contest or honing your networking skills at industry luncheons, everyday is a new adventure.
At Pierpont, an internship is about so much more than just answering the phones and filing paperwork. Unless it’s crunch time – then no one is spared!
Since I joined as an intern, I’ve learned this time is about getting hands-on marketing and public relations industry experience that is truly invaluable to my professional development. If you’ve ever wondered what a former Pierpont intern takes away from their experience, here is your chance to learn.
As an intern, you will:
• Work with real clients and pitch stories to reporters of local and national publications
• Attend media trainings, sales presentations and client meetings
• Research vital components that directly impact a client’s competitive strategy
• Take part and even manage projects within given pro-bono accounts
• Support Pierpont’s own marketing efforts, including copywriting, research and social media
• Establish valuable connections
• Develop skills using marketing and PR software, including Cision, Profnet, HARO and more
• Learn from some of the industry’s top experts
On top of these perks, an intern needs the resources to succeed and network, so with your internship will come your professional business card. You’re set to build your network and meet with clients as a member of the team. Pierpont encourages creative, open discussion in the office and in the field. This unique culture not only helps us help our clients but also helps us build one Pierpont.
If you look around our offices, many Pierpont employees (or “Pierponters”) began their careers as an intern. You never know – you could be next.
To inquire about public relations and marketing internship opportunities or to find out more about Pierpont’s internship program, email Kathy Nethercutt at email@example.com. If you’d like to know more about my experience at Pierpont, leave me a message below.