Executing a Brand Launch and Domestic Market Entry for Mexico’s Largest Financial Institution
Banorte Securities International (BSI), an investment management and brokerage service, planned a domestic launch of the Mexican-born brand, including relocating its headquarters from New York to Houston while introducing a new leadership team and expanding digital offerings. Pierpont worked alongside the their team to rebuild the BSI brand from the ground up –making sure to infuse elements of BSI’s history into the domestic brand’s unique story and product offerings.
A subsidiary of Grupo Financiero Banorte, the largest independent financial institution in Mexico, BSI wanted to focus on reaching Mexican and domestic clients, stakeholders and the financial community with an impactful launch in the Houston market.
Their objectives included:
- Increase awareness for Banorte Securities products/services among existing Banorte Mexico clients, highlighting the accessibility and security of the company’s expanded offerings.
- Introduce BSI as a trusted financial partner for first generation Mexican-Americans by leveraging the company’s outstanding reputation in Mexico as well as its commitment to serving the financial needs of the community.
- Instill confidence in the financial/regulatory community by underscoring the positive changes BSI has undergone as well as the strength of their new leadership.
Pierpont partnered with BSI to develop a comprehensive public relations plan to launch the newly relocated headquarters, utilizing research into the Hispanic business community, potential thought leadership events, and current media landscape.
From creating a brand narrative and visual assets, to launching BSI’s digital footprint and unveiling the company to local Houstonians and BSI’s Mexican colleagues, all marketing activities were strategically interwoven in unveiling the “new” BSI – while navigating a pandemic and related challenges.
The team outlined recommended initiatives, including press release, pitching, advisory, virtual event components, visual assets, earned coverage, message development and executive positioning. We also drafted press materials, finalized a sales deck, created visual assets and planned and executed a virtual launch event, which the Mexican Consulate attended.
The team garnered nine key pieces of coverage including the cover of the Houston Chronicle’s Texas Inc. insert, on the launch, resulting in 4.7 million impressions and 2.7K views of the wire release.
Stats to illustrate results:
- Mexican Investment firm Banorte Securities relocates U.S. HQ to Houston (Online and Print Article 9/15/20)
- Innovation Will Guide Us Through Difficult Times (Print Op-Ed 9/18/20)
- Banorte Securities International cambia su sede a Houston(Online Article 9/14/20)
- Houston Snags US Headquarters for Mexican Bank, the Latest in Recent Relocations (Online Article 9/19/20)
- Broker-dealer moves int’l advisory office to Houston, bags Wells recruit (Online Article 9/15/20)