We are currently seeking to hire a Digital Marketing Apprentice.
You will work hand-in-hand with Pierpont’s marketing services team and continue to build your skillset in digital marketing as well as build a strong understanding of working in an agency environment. As a digital marketing intern, you’ll be responsible for implementing organic social media, paid social media, digital advertising and SEO/SEM strategies for a variety of clients.
The digital marketing apprentice will work out of Pierpont’s Austin office approximately 25-40 hours per week, depending on availability. This is an exciting time to join the Pierpont team as we are rapidly growing our marketing services offerings.
After the three-month period, Pierpont is open to hiring this team member on a full-time basis dependent upon work performance and project need.
- Manage daily social and online media monitoring
- Implement social media strategy provided by the marketing services leads (both organic and paid)
- Implement paid advertising campaigns via Google AdWords and third-party partners, such as targeted publications
- Support content creation through the development of social media content calendars, social posts and blogs
- Support website updates as needed via Wordpress
- Assist on monthly and quarterly listening, measurement and trends reports via social media analytics tools and Google Analytics
- Conduct influencer assessments and outreach to support client/influencer engagement programs
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, public relations, marketing, PR/communications or business, or equivalent digital marketing certification. Alternatively, candidates may also be in the process of securing a degree, with scheduled completion in 2017
- Previous experience or internship in digital marketing or communications
- General understanding of the digital and social media landscape and passion for digital marketing
- Strong writing and planning skills
- Capability in Google AdWords campaign development
- Experience drafting and implementing social media content and managing social communities
- Experience navigating digital and social media monitoring and implementation tools such as Nuvi, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Hootsuite (or similar tools)
- Competence in Wordpress maintenance, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic InDesign experience a plus, but not required
- Self-starter with the ability to ask questions, brainstorm solutions, and think outside the box
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Kristen James at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 31. Additional materials, such as writing samples and digital portfolios are welcome, but not required.