If there’s one thing that fuels the internet still, it’s cats and Google doodles. Let this be a lesson to you - the internet can help mankind by giving others the opportunity to create art
as well as destroy it by publishing an embarrassing video of how much you love cats
And now on to the Digital Influence Weekly…
According to Cisco, global internet traffic is supposed to quadruple by 2015. This great infograph from Mashable
illustrates how personal devices, general communications technology and internet/data usage is expected to grow.
“Internet traffic is projected to approach 1 zettabyte per year in 2015 — that’s equivalent of all the digital data in existence in 2010.”
How do you make sense or manage something so huge? Well don’t worry because by that time, you’ll have figured out how to acclimate to the growth and how to make it work to your advantage or at least manage the extra online noise.
Here are some helpful reminders in preparing yourself for this massive growth through the years:
- Continue to filter your online connections. Unfriend, unfollow and disconnect from those who you have no interest in communicating with.
- Be more strategic in selecting which companies and brands you choose to subscribe to or follow.
- Meet with your company’s IT staff to determine how to stay ahead of the surge and not play catch-up.
- With more usage comes more users, and a large number may be malicious. Beef up of your online security.
- Pay attention to where new users are uploading data to. New parts of the world will be able to add content which may prove beneficial to your business or world changing.
- Keep a PRINTED copy of a good book or newspaper nearby to take a break from navigating through 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes of information!